Friday Five: Five Things I Learned This Week
- Do not celebrate on Monday morning because you only have one thing other than teaching scheduled for the whole week because by Monday lunchtime you will probably end up with a full agenda for the week ;).
- Always look for different ways when the first one doesn't work. We were able to find an alternative funding source for something that I felt was very needed for my students but the money just wasn't there.
- It dawned on me this week just why the statement "We can't do it because we don't know how. It's just too hard." is so frustrating for me. It's because we, as teachers, would not accept this statement from one of our students. So why do accept it in ourselves?
- That I need to stop being afraid to share what I'm doing. There will be people who criticize but I need to use their response as a way to improve what I'm doing instead of as a means to beat myself up.
- That I love reading on my iPad (am now using the Kindle App and its wonderful).